Is to improve the world and to convince others of their power to do the same. We accomplish this by offering life-changing learning adventures and introducing our participants to concepts and people we think are amazing examples of how we can all be the change we want to see in the world. Our participants then do their own ‘world-improving’ from there!
To be a little bit more specific, our Mission is to:
- Offer educational tours that inspire people to be more responsible donors, travelers, and global citizens, and awaken them to their power to enact the changes they want to see in the world.
- Financially support the community development work of our partners, whilst remaining financially sustainable as a tour operator.
- Serve as a model tour company, in the countries in which we operate and in the field of educational tourism and help improve the industry by sharing the lessons we learn along the way.
- Design our tours with input from local communities and commit to putting their needs first rather than creating experiences to meet tourists’ demands.
- Focus our support on capacity building, offering participants the chance to learn about and from the communities they visit.
- Provide travelers with a more immersive and authentic engagement with the countries’ culture than typically offered by other tour companies.
- Create a vibrant virtual community that aids travelers in contributing to ongoing projects even after they leave, and connects them to similar-minded individuals.
- Provide support for local and responsible tourism initiatives through our choices of operators, with a focus on minimizing our environmental impact.
- Tourism dollars support the development of local livelihoods as well as benefit and protect local environments and cultures
- Travelers and locals behave respectfully towards each other and are able to exchange information and services that mutually benefit both parties
- All travelers and tour operators are educated about how to make responsible choices in travel and where they give their money
- Tours are designed around local needs, and local communities take ownership over tourism in their home areas
- Both travelers and global communities recognize their own ability to be a part of enacting the changes they want to see in the world