Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Are all PEPY Tours trips bike trips?
No! We offer adventure trips and custom tours for all travelers, both on and off the saddle!
- How much do the tours cost?
Each tour is unique and priced based on its activities, duration and group size. Prices are available on request from email@example.com. Every tour has two fees: the trip fee and the fundraising minimum.
- Where does my fundraised money go?
100% of your fundraised money supports the on-going programs that our sister NGO PEPY facilitates in rural Cambodia. By joining a PEPY Tour adventure you are directly helping fund local capacity building and educational development in PEPY’s target communities.
- What is included in a PEPY Tour?
Unless otherwise stated, your trip fee includes:
- Airport pick up/drop off
- All in-country transport
- At least one trip-leader (depending on the size of your group)
- Tour guides (eg. at the Temples of Angkor)
- All entrance tickets
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts
- Most lunches/dinners
- Donations to all NGOs and social enterprises visited during your trip
- What is not included in a PEPY Tour?
PEPY Tours adventures do not include:
- Flights to/from Cambodia
- Travel or health insurance (which MUST include cover for ‘emergency evacuation’)
- Visas, which are available upon arrival and cost $20 for most foreign nationals
- Additional meals: from participant feedback we’ve found that trip-goers like to have a bit of flexibility in their dining options. Thus, each tour has 2-3 meals that are left up to you! These meals are NOT covered in the trip fee and must be paid by the participant.
- How do I sign up for one of your tours?
Simply visit our registration page, select the relevant tour from the drop down box, and submit. Please note that after discussing your custom tour with you, we will create a customised tour name available for selection in the drop down box (eg. ‘Laura’s Tour’). This form will ask you for a $200 deposit to reserve your place.
Health & Safety
- Do I need a certain level of fitness to join a non-cycling trip?
Most of our tours involve a fair amount of walking, and temple days can include lots of stairs. We accommodate participants of all fitness levels, though, so let us know if you have any physical concerns and we will plan appropriately.
- I have concerns about the food, can you meet my dietary needs?
In Cities (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh) there are plenty of options for vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores alike. However, the diet in rural Cambodia lacks the variety you may be accustomed to in your own country. Much like the local population, it is not uncommon for trip participants to eat rice, noodles and vegetables on a daily basis. While it is possible to meet most dietary restrictions, rural restaurants have a rather limited fare. It is sometimes challenging to provide a variety of strict vegan options, as even many vegetarian dishes contain ingredients such as fish sauce or shrimp paste. In addition, participants also tend to order less meat while in rural areas, as it is more difficult to guarantee its quality and freshness.
Coming to Cambodia with a flexible attitude towards amenities, food, and other travel logistics will make for a more enjoyable trip. By planning ahead and packing a few comforts from home, you will be better prepared for the adventure. If you have questions or concerns regarding food in Cambodia, please contact us BEFORE arriving so we can ensure you stay healthy during the trip.
- Are there safety concerns for traveling in Cambodia?
PEPY Tours works with local, reliable guides and organizations that know the country well. We are confident you will feel safe on our tours and will find the areas we visit quite welcoming. If you have specific concerns, feel free to contact us and we can address them.
- Are there landmines in the areas where PEPY Tours travels?
No. All of the areas where PEPY Tours goes have been cleared and are completely landmine-free.
- Do you provide medical insurance on your trips?
No, you will be expected to arrange your own traveler’s medical insurance. We recommend travel insurance from World Nomads.
- If I join a cycle trip, can I rent a bike, helmet, pannier, etc?
Yes. PEPY Tours has a full range of bike equipment available for rent.
- Do I need to be an experienced cyclist to join a trip?
No. Our cycle trips are designed for beginner and intermediate-level bikers. While a reasonable level of fitness and a can-do attitude are required, you don’t need previous cycling experience to enjoy our trips!
- I am singing up for a tour with my friend. Will we be able to share a room?
Yes! PEPY Tours offers rooms for 2-3 people
- What if I want to bring a group of people?
Great! We love organizing group trips. We are happy to work with schools, universities, study abroad programs, and all other organizations to design a trip that is tailored to your group’s needs.
- I am joining a PEPY Tours adventure sign-up trip alone. Do I need to share a room?
Unless indicated in your registration form, we will assign all participants to 2-3 person rooms. If you are traveling alone and prefer to have your own space, you can indicate this on your registration form and pay a small single room supplement.
- What if there’s something I’d like to see that’s not part of the trip?
Each trip is unique and includes many off-the-beaten-path adventures for the non-package tour traveler. Free time to explore is also built into each itinerary. If there is more you want to see and do, contact us, and we can help you make it happen!
- I’m planning on arriving early/staying after my PEPY Tours adventure. Do you have any recommendations for hotels and guesthouses?
If this is the case, please get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to recommend a few suitable places for you.
Do you have more questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us!